1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P2P programs DESTROYING my bandwidth!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Tazz212, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Tazz212

Tazz212 Member

Hey. I've searched through about 5 or 6 pages here and haven't found anyone with the same problem as me.

I have a network setting up 3 computers. They are connected to a Microsoft (shame, shame) router and then to a DSL connection.

My problem is whenever I run either eMule or Bittorrent...First off all they get horrible speeds...1-3kb/sec. They also kill my internet connection...Meaning whenever I try to load a webpage I get a "Page Cannot load" error. It's driving me crazy!

I have forwarded all of the ports and changed settings and connections...Everything SHOULD be running fine in theory. I guess it could be a problem with my ISP.

I just don't know where to go from here. Help me please!

2. elainc33

elainc33 Member

Happens all the time, it is due to the amount of cpu or memory being used up, and also believe it or not the time of day. I can run the programs you mentioned and use the internet early in the morning but by lunch time, have to stop a program if I want to use the internet as well, and then by the weekend when it is a popular time, it wont work any time of the day. I have tried making various adjustments but they dont work. Sorry I am no help,but at least you know you are not the only one and it is nothing to do with your isp. I did find it was improved (but still not good at busy times) when I was on 1.5MB but couldnt afford to keep that going so back to 750 kbps connection.