1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p2p with a friend

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by lvilela10, Nov 2, 2011.

1. lvilela10

lvilela10 Member

is there a way to share files with a friend? him and i are using oneswarm but was wondering if there are any alternatives?

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. Mez

Mez Regular member

Probably quite a few. I have used Gigatribe which is quite good.

4. DxxS

DxxS Member

I did read somewhere that you can use a torrent client to connect direct to each other to share files, I havent tried it though, I did use FTP for a while to do this, was ok for smaller files but took a while with larger ones but then again my UL speed wasnt all that good.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Regular member

6. ps355528

ps355528 Regular member

It's so simple it's beyond belief.. just install Azureus (now they call it vuse and it comes with all kinds of crap bundled which you don't need.. an older version will work beaut.. and it's free) and then set up the internal tracker which comes built in.. you make your torrents in exactly the same way as you would if using an external tracker.
    Then you just send your friend the link with your ip and the tracker login via irc/email/whatever you prefer.. make sure you ONLY send these details to the people you want to access your home tracker and use encryption and you are as close to 100% secure as it's possible to get ;)

I used a dedicated machine on my home network to run these services for over 2 years sharing files with my friends across the world.. some forum members can vouch for this.. it was my preferred way to share MY copyright free music. The use of a tracker at home in this way if sharing with a few select people seriously cuts your upload as seen by your isp.