1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P4 2.4b CPU Temp at 55 Celsius. Ummmm...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by FlthyChry, Aug 16, 2003.

1. FlthyChry

FlthyChry Guest

Firstly, hi everyone!

And it's going to stay that way for two hours while Nero 6 takes 9 VOB files and burns a VCD. Doesn't that seem rather high?
    Stock Intel HS/Fan and a twin exhaust on the power supply. The mobo is an Intel D845PESV and the 2 regions are cooking at 41 and 44 degrees while the fan at 2800rpm, and Windoze Task Manager shows the CPU usage pegged at 100% with 324MB PF Usage.
    So is it ok for me to go to sleep or leave the house? Or if I leave should it be just to go get fire insurance?
    How accurate is this Intel Active Monitor software giving me these readings?

2. FlthyChry

FlthyChry Guest

Oooops. Possibly not the best forum choice... Sorry.

3. Carus

Carus Member

Hi!
    Dont think its anything to be alarmed about. If i do for instance encoding with CCE or maxing out the cpu with Prime95 im around 58-60. At the computershop they recomended to try to stay under 60 but iknow people who have temps around 64 without any problems, that is with p4 2,4c but i cant think that it would be any difference because of that. Some motherboard are also known for giving wrong temp but i have no idea if yours is one of them.
    /Carus

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

It is fine, depends of course on the resources just how hot your processor can get, but dont worry about yours.

5. FlthyChry

FlthyChry Guest

Hey Thanks. I can put away the fire extinguisher!

6. FlthyChry

FlthyChry Guest

Say I was lead to believe that the FSB on these boards were 533mHz but all the system info checks I've run tell me it's 133. Is there a jumper or BIOS setting I've missed or is the 533 the chipset speed and not the FSB?

7. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

That's the actual bus speed of the computer. The 533MHz is actually an effective number because there are 4x the number of data transfers (to/from memory) per clock cycle and 4 x 133 = 533.

As far as heat goes, you don't have to worry too much about an Intel CPU. They're good at shutting themselves down before they get too hot.