1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P5K-V: Power on, power off . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mikeh0303, Aug 26, 2007.

1. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

Hi guys, I had my computer running last night testing it. I ran all the normal tests, and everthing was fine. After that I installed windows vista home (just for now, moving to linux when this thing works)

Today I tried overclocking the CPU, I got it up to 2.7GHz (its the E6300) just fine. But when I tried to get it further things started going wrong, so I went back to the stock settings for the bios.

Now my computer powers on (might show the P5K-V screen) then off, then on, then off . . . . . . (will contiune to do so until I flick the PSU off.)

After clearing the CMOS again I have the same problem (I just pull the battery out, because the Jumper is under the q-connector). I have left it out for a long time (15mins) and still nothing. I don't know if its the PSU or motherboard.

I have also tried unpluging everthing except the board. And after that I took out 1 stick of ram, un pluged the all the fans, and still the same problem.

If you could help me fix this that would be amazing!

My system

-P5k-V
    -Intel Core 2 DUO E6300
    -2x1GB corsair RAM (667MHz 4-4-4-12)
    -320GB seagate SATA hard drive
    -LG super multi drive
    -2x120mm FANs
    -Zalman 9500LED
    -Antec True power trio 430watts

Last edited: Aug 26, 2007
  2. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

turns out the PSU is faulty, tried another one I had and everything worked find, got the CPU up to 3Ghz, and going with sayabon linux