1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pacific Fighters backup

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by vecculi, Nov 10, 2004.

1. vecculi

vecculi Member

Hi!

I tried to make a backup this to cd but it wont start as a original? What is wrong?

I have a LITE-ON COMBO LTC-48161H and tried to burn it by using Blindwrite 5.2.6.139. Do I have to do something to make backup work. Speed was 8 when burning, I tried Alcohol 120 but I got error messages...

2. vecculi

vecculi Member

it has a protection of SafeDisc 3.20.022
    is that too dificult to my writer to copy or?

3. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Its normal to get read errors using Alcohol, they run to about the 10,000 mark, this is part of the copy protection. Congratulations your burner Can 100% correctly encode EFM. You should be able to make a working backup. Use a CD-RW. I would recommend Alcohol to do it. Select Safedisc 2x/3x datatype, make your image. When you burn, untick 'Bypass EFM error' as your burner is capable of reproducing it correctly. Post back with your results.

4. vecculi

vecculi Member

Now i try to do it by using Alcolol 120 but when I untick "bypass EFM error" then I cant select the Safedisc 2/3 ?? And also writing speed is max and cant put it down to 4x or 8x. am I missing something?

5. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Perfectly normal, on the burn screen, select Safedisc 2x/3x first, then untick 'bypass EFM Error' the datatype will now say 'customize'.(but it will still be S/D2x/3x) Its up to you though, you dont have to untick it, but if you do and it the copy works, you'll know its 1:1 (about 98.9%) of the original. The write speed should also be on that screen as a dropdown menu under your burner type. If that is not accessable, dont worry too much, it could be firmware related. I burnt Doom 3 (Safedisc 3.20.022) at max, it got up to 24x during the process and the copy works fine.

6. vecculi

vecculi Member

Can I just make a copy from that or do I have to make a image first to my hard and after that burn it from there to cd? I´m trying to burn it to cd-r disks, so you recommend that i should have cd-rw intead of cd-r?

7. vecculi

vecculi Member

Anyway thanks a lot to you I try now that burn and reply if its ok or not...

8. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

You should be able to burn your existing image, as 'bypass EFM' is a burning option not an image making option.

9. vecculi

vecculi Member

Hi again!

I managed to make a image on my hard drive and that works (jiihaaaa!!!) when I mounted it to Alcohol 120 as a virtual drive. So now I do not need the original fo playing, I tested that and it works. Next that i tried was to burn that image to cd, I did that, and burn that image (cue) to cd, but it is not as a "cue" -file there and I cant use that as a original. Anyway the cd starts but it wont go further, only the opening picture is there and nothing happens and CD rom drive is working.. but nothing happens... Is there something I can do for that?
    Anyway I m satisfied now that I do not need my original, only for backup now.

10. vecculi

vecculi Member

Hi

You said that use "cd-rw" is that a cd disk type? Is that reason why my burned cds do not work as original, only image from my hard drive?

11. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Sorry should have mentioned the Virtual drive option, 99% of Safedisc protected games work fine from your HDD via Virtual Drives, its putting that image back on disc thats the hard bit. A CD-RW is a ReWriteable CD, so you can experiment, without ending up with a heap of coasters. So now if you still want a physical backup, you can try again, only with bypass EFM error ticked. But this time when you run the game, make sure to have your emulation options in Alcohol Ticked.

Cue file? Alcohol will create an MDF/MDS file image from your original Disc. This is Alcohols native format. Remake the image as an MDF/MDS image then burn that to disc.