1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pack Header Not Found

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by sirmugen, Jan 13, 2005.

1. sirmugen

sirmugen Regular member

I just bought a new DVD-ROM just for ripping (Sony DDU1622) and now when I rip with Decrypter, I get "Pack Header Not Found" but it still goes through all the file and when I compress with DVD2One, it errors out.

If I use Shrink for ripping and compressing, it works. But if I use my old burner with Decrypter and DVD2One, its fine, but its wayyy to slow.

Any help or ideas would help, I also tried scuba pete's setting on Decrypter and still doesn't work.

Thanks
    sirmugen

2. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

3. sirmugen

sirmugen Regular member

Decrypter completes without any errors, (except the pack header in the log)..

It when I try to compress it with DVD2One and Shrink, it errors out saying BUP file does not match IFO file and that I need to get all the files in order to compress.

But if I use Shrink from the beginning (rip and compress) its fine. But I prefer the Decrypter and DVD2One way.

4. sirmugen

sirmugen Regular member

zombieman

Your link just takes me to the search part of the forum ??

Thanks for replying

sirmugen

5. raspire

raspire Member

I get the same errors and they are recent. I have been using this software for months and it just started. I am still using the same DVD reader and Writer.

6. sirmugen

sirmugen Regular member

Well raspire

In my case i got a new DVD-ROM for ripping since the new release of Decrypter made my old burner soooo slow.

I posted on Decrypter's forum and "lightin UK" author of decrypter said that only Sony and LiteOn had that problem, and that I'm stuck.

But in your case, I don't know why your same burner would give you that error, make sure your IDE is on DMA instead of PIO. Sometime it might have reseted itself.

sirmugen

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  7. seneros

seneros Member

This same error just started for me. I've been using DVD Decrypter for a very long time, and I just received this error today. It's interesting because I am using a Pioneer 115, not a Sony or a LiteOn. I am sure the error is movie specific, since its a brand new movie (the forgotten) and I've been ripping other movies all week.

8. sirmugen

sirmugen Regular member

well.. seneros

Are you using the newest version of Decrypter v3.5.2.0 ??

I know "The Forgotten" has the new protection scheme that Shrink won't be able to handle, only that version of Decrypter can

sirmugen

9. seneros

seneros Member

yes, i am using the newest version. i read all over, and after ultimately trying everything on the DVDD forum, I used anydvd & clonedvd as someone suggested and made a perfect backup. hm.

thom