1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Packard bell L5831

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by NaLondon, May 9, 2012.

1. NaLondon

NaLondon Member

Hi all, am new to the scene and was hoping you guys could help me out.

I have the mentioned above AIO pc.

I am trying to work out how the monitor draws power, for example what cable coming off the monitor feeds power to the monitor. Any help u can give would be great

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. NaLondon

NaLondon Member

Not in all in one pcs. Like i said the monitor is built into the pc(same as All AIO pcs)

So the monitor draws power off the pc motherboard (the monitor does not have an independant Power supply)my question was related to how would i know which cable provides power to the monitor.(Again all in one pc monitors do not have a independant power supply)

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

unless there is a schematic on the inside of the back pannel or can get the schematics for the computer it will probably be difficult to find the power cable for the screen. on laptops there is usually 2 cables not including wireless leads, webcam & mic. 1 cable is for the inverter which is what you are looking for & the thicker cable is for data.

5. NaLondon

NaLondon Member

Ok so basically i have cables from monitor to invertor, and then secondary cable coming off the invertor. I am just assuming this is how to monitor recceives power.

Thnx for your comments will do some more research, just though i would throw it out there in case any1 knew.

I am a bit of a noob, but am learning quick and thank u all for your input

Last edited: May 10, 2012