1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

packing/rebuilding a game

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by cumbuckit, Nov 7, 2004.

1. cumbuckit

cumbuckit Member

thanks for the help dud0r, but i'm confused.... where do i find these programs? whats LBA order??

can someone explain this packing/rebuilding thing more clearly for me please(or is there any guide which i can follow?)? since i'm having problems playing large games. are every game able to do this? if i do pack it smaller, what data do i lose out on??

2. cumbuckit

cumbuckit Member

ANYONE?!?! pls help!!!

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I don't know where you left off with -dud0r- but what seems to be the problem?

Wht don't you use dvd decrypter to read and write your games. Also trying buying good media like Ritek G04 and try burning at a lower speed.

4. cumbuckit

cumbuckit Member

thanks geestar, but the prob is from this thread.... http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/123000

basically, i just couldn't play any large backups.... PES4, naruto is fine..... but anything in the range of 4 gigs up..... i just couldn't boot it up......

5. cumbuckit

cumbuckit Member

btw... thats why i was asking if rebuilding/ packing the game might help..... if so.... how can i do it?.... where can i find those apps.... and procedures in doing so.....

thanks guys!

6. dud0r

dud0r Member

isobuster is free and avaible on the net, http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/
    $ony cddvdgenerator must be purchased from the usual places(of course i mean the stores:)).

When opening an iso/dvd in isobuster the files will be displayed on the right.
    There's a table called LBA, this is the order on the cd make sure that the LBA goes from low to high.
    Extracting is done by rightclicking the dvd/iso and select extract.
    Rebuilding the iso: Make sure you got isobuster open and the LBA running from low to high(simple click the LBA table to make it display that way)
    Open op cddvdgen -> create new project -> dvd-rom master disc.
    Just drag the files from the folder it's in in the right LBA order into cddvdgen.
    Then under volume enter the sces/sles/scus etc code in disc name.
    The hit the record button, if you're lucky it will then burn to a disc.
    Most cases it won't cause that only works on a couple of writers.
    Hit the export image button under file, it will now create an image.
    This will consist of .000 etc files, you have to make an iso out of those files using dos
    Open an dos box(run -> cmd)browse to the folder the .000 etc files are stored.
    when in the right folder -> copy /b (filename).000 + (filename).001 + etc, till all files ending with .000 etc are added, (filename).iso
    This will create an iso, which can be burned with whatever you want.

Hope this helps, good luck

7. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

8. cumbuckit

cumbuckit Member

thank you guys! i'll give it a go once i have some time(f&^%en busy lately)! but i'll let u know how it goes soon!