1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painkiller is a P A I N!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by 0xfire, Sep 3, 2004.

1. 0xfire

0xfire Member

I have been trying for the past few days to create an image of disk 3 of the Painkiller set. To no avail, apparently, i seek help among the unknown "masters of the internet forums"! This is my last ditch effort before i give up. I have used Alcohol and Nero and neither of them worked. I need an easy, step by step tuturial since i am a retard when it comes to this. thank you guys SO much.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

"I can't do it" doesn't give us much to go on. Why exactly is it not working? Specific errors?

3. 0xfire

0xfire Member

OUCH! Ok, i will be more specific from now on. When i am using alcohol i keep getting all these errors during the image creation process. I am using the image creation wizard. The datatype is set to safedisk 2/3. my cd-rom is a lite-on dvd ltd163. i read some earlier forums about some disk drives not working and i was wondering if that might be one of the issues with me. i am continuing to get disk read errors. With nero, i just get a flat-out error and it stops. Im sorry if that is not specific enough. Like i said, im a retard at this stuff.

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Wait a sec... disc3?? Is that disc even protected? ... ah crap. :p
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7N8X-X, XP2500+ OC'd to XP3200+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700 OC'd to PC3200
    480GB [3x160GB, 7200, 8MB]
    EVGA, GeForce4 Ti4600 128MB

Rules and Policies: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  5. 0xfire

0xfire Member

Ya, i sucessfully made images of the first 2 disks. disk 3 is the one that i am having problems with. disk 3 is also the one that the game runs off of. if i am not mistaken.

6. j_holmes

j_holmes Regular member

I would use a iso program, such as ultra iso, or win iso
    to make your image ( i assume others work as well, i just like using ultra iso). If it is protected, use ANYDVD, from slysoft to help with the protection. Then use you fav burning software to burn your image.

Let us know how you make out..

7. Nephilim

No worries chief :)

When backing up SafeDisc games it's perfectly normal to encounter a whole slew of errors when reading the first part of the disc, that's how SafeDisc works.

Painkiller is SafeDisc 3.20 and only the play disc (#3) is protected. Use the SafeDisc 2/3 profile but I'd suggest setting the read speed to something low like 24X and write at 4X. If it doesn't work then keep knocking the read speed down. Your Lite-On 163 will be perfect for reading the image.

Now to the burner. SafeDisc 3.20 is highly dependant on the burner so if you're not using the likes of a Lite-On 52327S, Asus 5232AS or Plextor Premium you're going to ber hard pressed to make a good working copy.

Check out this thread for more info:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/100735

8. Nephilim

*thread moved*

9. 0xfire

0xfire Member

DANG! Still no luck. I put the read speed all the way down to 1x and STILL no luck. What am i doing wrong??

10. 0xfire

0xfire Member

oh, and by the way. i am not even worried about burning the image to another disk. all i want to do is have the image to load with daemon tools...

"he looks at his 50th cup of coffee in disgust"

11. Nephilim

Okay, what do you mean by no luck? Does the software lock up?

If you don't have fast error skip enabled (recommended) it can take a loooong time to read the image.

12. 0xfire

0xfire Member

Quote: I would use a iso program, such as ultra iso, or win iso
    to make your image ( i assume others work as well, i just like using ultra iso). If it is protected, use ANYDVD, from slysoft to help with the protection. Then use you fav burning software to burn your image.

I tried all of those options. i used winiso AND ultraiso with anydvd activated and STILL no luck. it keeps giving me the read errors at the beginning of the iso creation process. thank you for your help though. i really appreciate this...

13. 0xfire

0xfire Member

i do have fast error skip enabled. it isnt that it is taking a long time. the process seems to be going by fairly fast. it is just the read errors. i havent even let the iso finish yet. i always cancelled it when the read errors started popping up.

14. Nephilim

From my earlier post :)

Just let Alcohol do it's thing despite all of the errors - it's normal.

15. 0xfire

0xfire Member

thats very interesting. i must have missed that. anyway i got the image copyed from the disk. YAAAAY! now i have run into another problem. when i try to load the image with daemon tools it says that it has detected emulation software. what do i do now?

16. j_holmes

j_holmes Regular member

Try using Nero ImageDrive

17. Nephilim

It's detecting either Alcohol or Daemon tools since they both emulate protections. Try turning off all the emulation options in Alcohol and if that doesn't work try uninstalling Alcohol entirely.

What version of Daemon Tools are you running? 3.46 shouldn't be a problem. Try emulating SafeDisc through the options in Daemon Tools.

18. 0xfire

0xfire Member

yes, i am running 3.46 and i did uninstall alcohol. it still is giving me the same error. i uninstalled all the software that i was using previously so i dont know what the problem could be. i also tried nero image drive. that didnt work either. i have tried everything but uninstalling daemon tools. but i dont really see why that would help me out any. anymore good ideas? im not giving up yet. ive gotten this far, gosh darnit, im going all the way!

19. Nephilim

Did you enable SafeDisc emulation in Daemon Tools?

Right click the Daemon icon in your system tray > Go to Emulation, then click SafeDisc. Now the Daemon icon should be green.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    "And there we saw the giants...And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33
    http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rephaim[/small]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  20. 0xfire

0xfire Member

yup, did that already. i tried all of them enabled just for giggles. but i didnt giggle when nothing happened.

"juan valdez....i hate you"