1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAL and NTSC Player Help

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Twist86, May 31, 2011.

1. Twist86

Twist86 Member

My "specs" of what I use for my current "theater" room.
    32" Sanyo DP32648 -1366x768 NTSC TV (found it and fixed it for $2)
    Pioneer DV-260
    Composite (blue/red/green and red/white audio)

I bought a ton of old DVDs at a garage sale at a insanely cheap price, the guy moved from the UK and so all the DVDs turned out to be PAL. Well the DVDs boot with no problems but the entire screen will very marginally "shift" up and down and semi-distort the picture.

Firstly is this a flaw with my DVD player or my TV? I am guessing a bit of both as the TV says NTSC format and my DVD player is rather old. If so I am looking for a new DVD player as I don't have $400 for a TV :)
    I would like to get a HDMI DVD player if possible (just for 720p) and would like it to play PAL and NTSC BUT have it stream in NTSC regardless. I was told most new DVD players have a built in converter and can stream to any TV.

I was told these could be some options but I am clueless on this and would like your advance on the matter. I am unable to post links apparently so the site I was linking was bombayelectronics and the DVD players were models - Orei DVD-Z1H and Orei DVD-F1

Thank you for a moment of your time. Also far as 720p goes will composite work or would I need HDMI?

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  2. Twist86

Twist86 Member

Well for $50 thought id try it, thanks anyways.

3. wg1

wg1 Member

Got a Philips DVD Player that plays all regions, PAL or NTSC, DivX, Xvid, JPG's, Audio, MP3's.. this thing pretty much plays anything I throw at it. Just bought another one. Model: DVP 3560 $49.99 from Amazon.