1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAL Burning Problem!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by vinceps2, Dec 9, 2004.

1. vinceps2

vinceps2 Member

I recently burned a backup of the PAL version of UFC: Sudden Impact. First I tried a normal boot with swap magic ver. 3.3 and the screen just flickered constantly.

Then I ran a special boot with the video mode selected as PAL. The flickering stopped but, how come the game is not aligned, the game sinks down almost halfway to the bottom of the tv leaving a huge black chunk on top. All my other backups worked fine but this is my first PAL version. Please Help!!!

2. Drifty

Drifty Member

there is nothing wrong with your PS2 or backup, you need a pal compatible TV to play PAL games...
    I think you can d/l a fix for it.. but not sure.. if thats what you have done, maybe try a different patch if that one doesnt work..

3. okboz

okboz Regular member

Confused here because i have a pal ps2 version 4 and swap magic 3.3 with flip top lid. All my games so far have been ntsc (imports) and they play in perfect colour and also my backups. I didn't need an ntsc tv to play ntsc games and i live in a pal region. So is your ps2 and swap magic ntsc or pal?

Boz