1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAL DVD not read by popcorn?

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by Tekk415, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Tekk415

Tekk415 Member

I just downloaded The Butterfly Effect from Azureus(which may be the problem, but I dont think so) and it says it's a PAL version.

I drag and drop the video_Ts folder to popcorn and it says the video is corrupted or something? I just watched the video_ts folder in Apple's DVD player so I'm a bit confused.

Do I need to convert it from PAL to NTSC? or is it just a corrupted file?

Thanks,

Tekk

2. xaosai

xaosai Member

Popcorn should work with pal or ntsc. If your dling from torrents more than likely its a corrupted file. If you have them, try dvd2oneX and toast b4 you give up. Alot of my friends use svcd for torrents; quality's not as good but seems to be more reliable in that situation.

3. Tekk415

Tekk415 Member

Hrmm...I guess maybe? But if it was corrupted why can I
    watch it on Apple's DVD player?

Also I did try a movie only copy on dvd2onex but it said it was
    finished after like 66%?

I don't have toast...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005
  4. xaosai

xaosai Member

It sounds like it may not be mastered properly. The problem with torrents is that a) you have no idea how it was processed on the other end, and b) the file could have become corrupted over transfer. If you really want to save it I'd recommend trying to convert to divx or svcd. Or...if the file is under 4.4 gigs you could always write it to dvd as data and just deal with watching it on your computer. Hope this helps.