1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAL Gamecube Games on NTSC Wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by dudemanpp, May 24, 2007.

1. dudemanpp

dudemanpp Member

I burned a couple of PAL gamecube games and tried to play them on my NTSC Wii, but the game boots and the video is lost. I cna hear the sound and when I hit start and other buttons it makes more sound.

Is there a patching program I cna use to patch the ISO's?

BTW: I am using a WiiKey modchip.

2. funman1

funman1 Member

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@funman1

That list will not help dudemanpp since he is talking about Game Cube games.

Does GCoS boot up when inserting the Game Cube game or does it just launch the game automatically?

I thought I heard that GCoS came as a booter to boot Game Cube games. If GCoS does come up when booting the Game Cube games force the game into PAL mode. X=PAL 50Mhz L=PAL 60Mhz Try both settings to see if 1 of those will boot the game into PAL mode.

If GCoS doesn't boot up when playing the Game Cube game then maybe someone else with a Wiikey can tell you how to boot into GCoS mode to force the game into PAL mode. Or you can try making a multi-Game Game Cube disc. It uses GCoS to boot the games which then you can force the video mode into PAL mode to play on your NTSC Wii system.

Below is a link that includes the programs you will need to download to make a multi-disc Game Cube Game. Plus I explain how to do it as well. The thread is 2 pages so look at both pages. The second page has a screenshot of the program itself...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/503195

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  4. dudemanpp

dudemanpp Member

GCOS does boot. I will try both settings. Thanks for the help. I'll see if that works.

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It should work. Report back if it does so others that might have the same problem can benefit from it as well.

6. dudemanpp

dudemanpp Member

I used GCOS to boot Super Smash Bros. and Super Mario Sunshine with all 5 settings (i.e. NTSC, PAL, PAL 60, 480p, auto-detect) and nothing worked. The GCOS Booted but when I chose a game it just lost the video but the sound still worked.

I am not sure what to do. Can I convert them to NTSC?

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

There should be no problem playing the PAL game on an NTSC Wii if you force it into PAL mode with GCoS.

Why not find and download the NTSC version of the Game Cube Games.

I sent you a private message.

8. pre2k

pre2k Guest

dudemanpp i have the same problem mario party 4,6 i try alot of ways to but cant fix it if u do find a way plz post or message me thnx

9. DrAgRoS

DrAgRoS Guest

I'm having this same problem with mario sunshine and mario kart double dash... I found another double dash to use that is NTSC, but it seems that NTSC mario sunshine does not exist.