1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAL Guncon 2 on NTSC TV

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by vaant, May 12, 2007.

1. vaant

vaant Guest

Hi, will a PAL Guncon 2 work on a regular American NTSC TV? The games i will be playing would be PAL format too... and would be played using a PAL PS2.

Also i need to know the same thing just with using a PAL Eyetoy.

Thanks.

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

PAL games won't work well on American TVs. However, NTSC games will work well on certain PAL TVs. To play PAL games on NTSC TVs you need to force the region change, which can be done with a mod chip.

3. vaant

vaant Guest

Yes, i know this. I will use swap magic to play my pal games in ntsc and if that doesn't work I'll convert them to ntsc using the PC and burn them onto DVD-Rs.

My whole ps2 collection is PAL since i live in the UK but i'm moving to America in a few weeks and want to know if my stuff (like the guncon gun and the games) will work.

4. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Well... why wouldn't it work? i will test the eyetoy and see if it works.

By the way, i don't think that you would want to force region change with Swap Magic. Cuz it will come all ugly and stuff... tested.

5. vaant

vaant Guest

Well i live in the UK and am moving to America in a few weeks and will be bringing my PS2 collection, this includes my eyetoy and guncon 2. So i'm of course just wondering if peripherals like the guncon 2 and eyetoy will work on NTSC TVs.

OK, my fiancee has an American PS2... so will my PAL guncon 2 and Eyetoy work with an American PS2 with American games? Just in case I need to buy my games again because of the PAL compatibility problems... :(

6. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Well, i tested EyeToy groove with region NTSC force and it worked fine.

7. vaant

vaant Guest

Thanks, may i ask if your running a PAL or NTSC PS2/Eyetoy/TV? I'm glad the eyetoy will work in forced NTSC mode but i'm still not sure if it my UK Eyetoy will work on an American TV.. although i'm sure if it's playing a game in NTSC mode it wouldn't make a difference. That's the answer i'm really looking for.

Thanks again for helping so much.

8. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Im using the PAL UK eyetoy with forced NTSC mode and it works great. Altough i have a probalm with my eyetoy so it's all blurry but i guess i ougtha buy a new EyeToy. Anyway, forced mode should work. But use an inferior mod chip like DMS4 Pro for forced region modes, cuz if you use swap magic to force region mode it will be way off and stuff.