1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pal I/B?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by zak, Oct 16, 2002.

1. zak

zak Guest

Could u tell me if I can use a ps2 or any other console, or any tv equipment, from a pal B country in a pal I country plz? I live in UK and wanna get a ps2 in indonesia. Or is it only important in broadcasting? Thanx

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2002
  2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

For most items like dvd players its fine cause they will read pal or ntsc but a ps2 won't. You will need a modchip to play games that are not "local disks" to the ps2 (a local disk is a PAL disk on a PAL ps2, same for NTSC!)

3. zak

zak Guest

I will prob mod a ps2 if I get one, and official games here in uk are pal anyways... what I'm wondering is will I get a normal view on my pal tv with a pal ps2 (from indonesia) in the uk with the pal I/B difference? I can't afford a ps2 over here...it should be much cheaper in indo...

4. zak

zak Guest

sorry should have specified my query was to do with tv standards not games compatibility issues... I have to get my ps2 modded...or else I'll get no games for it...they're too expensive!!

5. Dela

Ye the ps2 should work with the tv!! Its really only the hardware (eg. NTSC dvd player will work on a PAL tv!) that has problems with PAL and NTSC, the tv just gets the signal and displays it!

6. zak

zak Guest

Cool thanx man... put me at ease if I get one... and all those cheap games... hehe...cya!

7. Dela

Can I ask you a question! Is there anyway I could get one?

8. zak

zak Guest

Well... one way is to go there... which is what I will probably do... another is to ask a friend to do it for u... so unless u have some sort of connection it's gonna be very difficult... I don't know of any specific importers... sorry...

9. Dela

Ah it doesn't matter, theres probably a bunch of cheap ones roaming the net n e way! I was asking did you know of a site but obviously there isn't one. But if you are ever buying PC hardware over the net, buy it from http://www.pricewatch.com cause no matter where you go, there aint prices like these!!!

10. zak

zak Guest

I have been lookin for an indonesian site to get it from but difficult to find it, one site I did find is http://www.multitoysgame.com/ but I want a cheap bare ps2 package, not one with loadsa games etc. I'll keep lookin though till I go there myself! if I do want some pc stuff I'll be sure to check out that link....thanx

11. Dela

No Problem and I will check that link out too!!

12. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

PAL PS2 works on all PAL countries, as the audio comes through different cable sets. But TV doesn't, unless the TV has selections for I/BG/etc -- I found this out myself, moving my good ol' TV from Finland (PAL B/G country) to UK (PAL I country). Via aerial, the picture was OK, but audio wasn't there -- the letter after "PAL" means exactly the audio frequency.

But this was overrided by getting digital cable and plugging it to the TV using SCART, which doesn't have any special audio formats, but one universal -- so, now the audio works perfectly.

13. zak

zak Guest

just the answer I wanted... cheers...