1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAL-NTSC signal converter

Discussion in 'PS2' started by supasonic, May 27, 2004.

1. supasonic

supasonic Member

I wish I had one because I'm having a helluva time trying to play this Gran Turismo 4: Prologue Edition PAL(without a way to change the mode). I'm just looking for a converter to help me. PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE.

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

3. supasonic

supasonic Member

Hey WEStar if you know how to use this program, I'm trying to find out how to add two PAL->NTSC screens instead of just the one that pops up when the game starts. I say that because when I get to the second screen(Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Presents) that's when it turns back to PAL for some reason.

4. WEStar

WEStar Active member

I personally haven't tried that app... I just wait till the games are available in my region (no point in importing, I'm a patient person). You could also try the ADR patcher or even the CD loader from that site that I posted. Not sure of any links for the ADR patcher but you could try searching for it on google.

5. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Here's how you use the program:
    1. Create an image file of the game you want convert(just like you would when making a backup.)
    2. launch the ps2_pal2ntsc_yfix program
    3. click browse and select the image file that you created
    4. click patch file
    5. When it's done patching you can now burn the image file to a dvd-r and it will work on your ntsc system.

6. supasonic

supasonic Member

Whoa what an accident dbl post

Last edited: May 28, 2004
  7. supasonic

supasonic Member

Hey Hanedrick sry for not metioning this before but I got to the first screen(All the legal stuff) with ntsc working the comes the deadly second screen(Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Presents) and that's when it turns back to PAL. So I'm looking for a way to either take the first screen(All the legal stuff) off of the game so I can go to the second screen(which is when the game acually starts)and start using NTSC there. Or a way to add two NTSC option screens to get through the second part

8. supasonic

supasonic Member

9. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

That's odd that it does that. One thing you could try is checking the box that says MAKE PN SELECTOR. Which allows you to choose whether you want pal or ntsc. That's the only thing I can recomend...

10. gunslinge

gunslinge Member

yea man im having the same problem :/. not sure what to do now?

11. alphabet

alphabet Member

None of the current ways of patching a PAL to NTSC game work, as far as programs are concerned. I've used ADK Patcher, jayteemaster's program, and ntsconv, and none of them work beyond the start up screen.

The reason for this seems to be that Gran Turismo has an intial ELF (the file which sets video mode) that gets edited by the programs. This is all well and good except for the fact that after the game loads that initial ELF file (the copyright screen or whatever it was) it then extracts the REAL ELF file, which is still in it's PAL state. If anyone can help me find a tutorial on ELF extracting and patching I'll get it a shot. Anyway, sorry I couldn't help more than this.

I posted this in another forum, but it's relevant here as well. :)

Also, if anyone else knows how to do that, please do?

12. PuffrFish

PuffrFish Guest

i also have a similar problem...the pal that i backed up..i used the thing on the site to convert..but it fixes the first part but the rest is pal and the screen goes up and down...the site had a cdloader..im not sure wat it does but it sais it should work, and allow backup pals to be player..any help on that would be appreciated..thx

13. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

14. supasonic

supasonic Member

Hey does any1 know where I can find this DVD Loader program. I heard that it will automatically switch the video to PAL or NTSC when the game's booted I'm looking for it so I can try it out

15. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

16. supasonic

supasonic Member

Hey has any1 gotten DVDloader to work because currently I cannot do ANYTHING on ps2ownz's website or forum. I joined but I can't download so I just checkingto see if DVDloader can change the video mode

17. supasonic

supasonic Member

Bump But we still need help

18. skidmark5

skidmark5 Member

Has anyone tried using DVD Loader on GT4 Prologue?

19. DirtStyle

DirtStyle Member

I got GT4: Prolouge to werk by:

1. Boot up the Swap Magic CD Loader

2. Change video mode to [bold]NTSC[/bold].

3. Swap it out with the [bold] CD Decipher V7+[/bold]

4. After that's loaded, press [bold]EJECT[/bold] on the PS2 and pop in the Swap Magic DVD loader. Press [bold]X[/bold]

5. When the screen says [bold]"Swap by EA method"[/bold], swap the loader with your GT4 disc that's been converted to NTSC with any PAL>NTSC program (I used the ps2_pal2ntsc_yfix. ADR patcher didn't werk for me.)

6. There it is! Everything looks good. Just adjust the screen on the options and there you go!

I ran into one problem though...

[bold]I CAN'T ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME![/bold]
    I pick my car and everything and when I try to start actually playing it, it won't load. The screen turns black.

I got this far and I was wondering if anyone knew how to actually play this game. Thanks!

20. det000

det000 Member

I've gotten GT4 Prologue working by using DirtStyle's method. I only did 2 things differently. 1) I converted with both ps2_pal2ntsc_yfix and ADR Patcher (in that order). 2) I switched my settings in the game to 4:3 instead of 16:9. I'm not sure which did the trick but it's working just fine.