1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAL on modded NTSC

Discussion in 'PS2' started by darkradar, Jun 15, 2007.

1. darkradar

darkradar Member

I wanted to get some PAL games for my PS2 so I got a modchip. Then, after the guy installed it, he said that I could run PAL games on it but it will play with lines on my NTSC TV and look weird because he says that it has a different frequency or something. But he said that if I have an LCD TV, I'll be able to run it. I don't have an LCD tv and I do not plan on spending 1000$ to buy one. But, I have a Dell 6400 Laptop with an LCD screen so I thought that I might be able to use that. I found this PCMCIA capture card on EBay and I thought maybe I could use that to connect my PS2 to the CPU screen. I want to know, will it work? I also want to know if there is a program that will convert PAL to NTSC if I turn the game into an ISO and convert it.
    Thanks a lot

2. steimy

steimy Active member

The guy clearly has no idea what he is talking about. Yes they do have different screen rates, but any good mod chip would have no problem playing them. Do you know which mod chip he installed, to be honest a guy who told me that stuff i would not trust to install anything. The only way your TV would have a problem with it is if it did not support both formats, and a good mod chip with a force mode would also take care of that. I have had my PS2 with DMS4 Pro modchip on 4 different TV's including 2 no-name brands. And all 4 of them had no problems. But my chip does have a force mode which forces all PAL screen rates into NTSC and also has a Y-Position fix to make sure the screen is centered correctly.