1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAL PS2 Chipped with PS1 game Booting Problems!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by greedyg, Aug 11, 2004.

1. greedyg

greedyg Member

Hi

I live in london, i firstly had my ps2 chipped
    in west end. it works perfect ps2 games boot automatically but ps1 games need to be holding reset, X and Square to work no complaints i guess.

1 year later (2 weeks ago) i got it chipped in the same place for my cousin, PS2 games boot auto as usual but PS1 games dont at all not even originals!! I tried holding reset and everything.

Im thinking the guy used a different newer chip but i cant see it cuz its soldered inside the PAL PS2!!!

If anyone could give me a list of ALL the ways to load PS1 Games on a chipped PS2 would be greatly apreciated iys been 3 months man im pi**ed......THX

2. AceGunner

AceGunner Member

Sorry about ur problem man. Unfortunately I can't help you because I don't really know much about PS2 chips. I only know that I want to ge tmine chipped and it's bloody hard to find a place to get it done. Where in the west end did you get your PS2 chipped and how much did it cost? Also did they do it for you while you waited? Thanks

3. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

On a Magic chip (all versions) you hold the Reset button until the blue Eject light appears to boot PS1 discs. Magic chips prior to the V's must have the backup disc already in the drive when doing this. If you have a Magic V installed on a v9/10 PS2 it's the Eject button you hold and not the reset.

4. greedyg

greedyg Member

Yo Ace i could tell you exactly where and who does the modding for PS@ and XBOX but if i post it on here things might get bad so just send me a short message to email address aidsboy2002@yahoo.co.uk and i will reply with perfect directions and so on. Peace

5. RAMMY007

RAMMY007 Member

Hi did you manage to get the ps1 games to work iam having the same problem i had a matrix mod chip fitted plays dvds ps2 games but will not boot ps1 games.

6. greedyg

greedyg Member

No sorry to this day im still having this problem
    can someone help me/us lol!!!

7. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

i know with the matrix you can force it into ps1/DVD mode if you hold down circle.

8. Frazer

Frazer Member

This is just a small tip may be the problem might not your lens maybe dirty you can find discs which are specially made to clean the lens, not sure might help sorry if useless

9. thewaksta

thewaksta Member

I have a fairly new Messiah Modchip and in order to play PS1 games I have to hit the reset button twice. Times vary but about a second between each reset seems to work well for me. Hope this helps in some way.