1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAL PS2 game on NTSC system/TV

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Saotome2U, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Saotome2U

Saotome2U Member

Greetings to everyone. This is my 1st post here after countless times searching through sites, and I have looked through for a topic like this, but nothing's really come out about the specific game I have, so I apologize if this has been posted before, but this is just a wee bit different. :-\

First off obviously I have an NTSC TV and PS2, and my PS2 is modded to play imports. I recently bought a PAL PS2 game (Dancing Stage Fusion) which I'm sure you're familiar is the UK version of Dance Dance Revolution. Like so many others have mentioned, it boots up, but the screen flickers and is in black & white. I did research and found PS2Loader/CDLoader that allows me to switch the game over to PAL, and everything comes up in color (though the display is off center a bit). However, the songs are waaaayyy off sync.

Someone told me this was because obviously I switched it over to 60hz or something to get the game working. My question is, I've seen the patches that can be used to switch PS2 games from PAL to NTSC, so will this also work for a Dancing Stage game as well to resync the songs? I also saw someone mention Gameshark codes, but not specific to these music related games. Sorry for the length of this, but I wanted to make sure you got all the info I had specific to this game. Any help is definitely appreciated. Talk soon. ^_^

2. 916Prince

916Prince Member

My GT4 Prologue works great...except for the squishing of the image and some clipping on the top...

I used SwapMagic CD to boot up my PS2, and then switched NTSC...then used Swap Magic DVD to update the TOC...and put in my imported game...

3. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

What is that?
    My GT4 Prologue

4. Saotome2U

Saotome2U Member

Swap Magic, huh? Okay, I can give that a try. Are there any steps I need to follow to get it to work? The store clerk mentioned a flip-top or some slide thing. But I don't see why that would be needed considering my PS2 already is modded for imports. *confused*

5. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

6. Saotome2U

Saotome2U Member

So patching will/should work for Dancing Stage games, too? Cool. Guess I'll try it out as soon as I can get access to a DVD burner. The Swap Magic thing isn't working 'cause I guess I need a flip-top or the slider. Oh well, if there are any other suggestions lemme know. If not, then guess patching is it. :-\

7. Saotome2U

Saotome2U Member

Just tried the Swap Magic thing mentioned, and it works pretty much the same way my PS2Loader works, but the songs are way off sync with the arrows. Once again, if patching is the way to go then I'll try that... *still confused*

8. 916Prince

916Prince Member

I fixed the off center part and the squished image of GT4 Prologue...

My bad...I just changed the settings in the game...

But it's a little too big height-wise for my TV...but still a great buy! Especially with GT4 being delayed...