1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAL to NTSC conversion

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by Pontigram, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Pontigram

Pontigram Member

I'm sure this is a question that has been asked many times before. Can anyone direct me to a program that converts PAL to NTSC format for PC games (or even a tutorial or guide detailing the process)? I have been trying to get a copy of F1 Challenge for the PC so I can partake in those great mods made for the game, but people are selling the game for close to $100 for a US copy. If I can convert the game, then I'll just buy a copy from the UK.

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

As far as i know PC games don't work with region codes so you should be able to install it just like any other copy.

3. Pontigram

Pontigram Member

Well...I guess you learn something new everyday...of course now I feel like an idiot, but oh well, I was an idiot before I asked that question anyway so no harm done. Thanks for the reply.

4. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Some games in the past have use region codes such as Quake 2 but i have never seen a PC in the last few years that has done the same, i have imported a few games in the past one being Doom 3 and it worked OK so you should be fine :)

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

The newer games that are coming out ask you "Language" preference and you will see a drop down box to select your language so you should be good.