1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAL to NTSC Patch

Discussion in 'PS2' started by darc-syde, Oct 7, 2004.

1. darc-syde

darc-syde Member

I have Gran Turismo 4 Prologue PAL version and I have a NTSC U.S. PS2 with Magic V mod chip. The game plays fine it is not offset or anything but it is in black and white (that's the only problem) I tried the ADR Patch but it says that it couldn't find any files to patch and that it probably is already patched. Are there any other patching programs that would give me back the color? Couldn't find any game specific patches for this game either.

2. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

www.chipzone.com/shop/showdetl.cfm?DID=12&Product_ID=229

3. St205

St205 Member

I have the exact same problem as well,does anyone know another method besides buying that?

4. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

5. St205

St205 Member

Thanks a lot for the reply,but i've got another question:since I've made a mistake applying the patch,can you undo the patch using CD loader,or do you need to burn a clean ISO file again? Many thanks.

6. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

you can take it off

7. St205

St205 Member

Well,I've tried CD loader with the default settings,and GT4:p is still black and white. Do you change the setting to get the color? Also how can I remove the ADR patch? Thanks

Last edited: Oct 22, 2004
  8. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

i had the same problem as weell before, but i fixed it.

I used the patching utitlity on jayteemaster's site and patched gran turismo 4 prologue and reburnt it onto a dvd-r. Then i used cdloader beta 5.2 and set video mode to PAL and the setting underneath that to Full Screen and i put No for remove Y-fix. I left all the other settings as is. Then once cdloader booted up, i put in Swap Magic DVD Version 2.0 and pressed X. Then I swapped for Gran Turismo 4 prologue (the yfixed reburnt one) and pressed X. The game booted up in color but the bottom of the screen was still cut off. If anyone knows how to fix this problem please post it on this thread.

P.S. I was using a Version 7 PS2 with Swap Disks and a Fliptop cover and no modchip with cdloader beta 5.2 and the patching utility gotten off of jayteemaster's site.