1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pal to NTSC please help me

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Kronic420, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Kronic420

Kronic420 Member

any body know anything about making pal movies to ntsc ?

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

I suppose you're talking about dvds:

1) Convert the dvd into any popular video format (e.g. avi, mpeg).

2) Use programs like Nero Vision Express which lets you set the video properties (e.g. pal to ntsc, aspect ratio) to encode and burn.

Now you have an ntsc dvd.

Good luck!

3. mbird9999

mbird9999 Member

There are numerous ways to convert, but they are time intensive and they do not come out perfect. My solution was to purchase a dvd player that plays everything including PAL; best $82 investment I have made in a while.

4. rammuch71

rammuch71 Guest

thats the easy way there is no fun in that :p lol

5. shark29

shark29 Member

mbird9999,

What player did you buy? Was it in a retail store? I need to get a player that plays PAL but they are few and far inbetween in the U.S.

6. buttmunch

buttmunch Member

MOD EDIT: If you ever spam or try to recruit members with off topic posts again you'll be banned.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  7. mbird9999

mbird9999 Member

I got the Pioneer DV-275 Single Disc DVD. It plays everything and it plays it on your US television. I got it online at digitalfotoclub.com for 89.40 total, that's including shipping. It was advertised online that it played PAL on NTSC televisions, but the owners manual doesn't mention it. It works. I use to convert PAL to NTSC, very time consuming and pal is much higher quality than NTSC; at least that is what my experience has shown me. Get the Pioneer, simplier and higher quality.

8. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

hi guys, i wish if i can help you.

there is many way to convert pal to ntsc or to play both of them without converting..it deppend on what you want.

1)Easiest Way
    -------------
    if u want just to play pal and ntsc dvds, the easiest way is to buy a Multisystem dvd player...as we know there is 2 system. "Pal"(europe and middle east).."NTSC" (usa, canada....etc).
    so u can buy a multisystem dvd player who play the both of them but the problem is to find it...yes in usa it's very hard to find a pal system or it's illegal i don't know. for me i bought my multisystem dvd player when i visited the middle east where u can find both of them (pal and ntsc)and it's not expensive like 80$.

2)Second way
    ------------
    if you're not lucky and u didn't find a multisystem dvd player so u have to use some softwares. some are good and some are not..sometimes u have to use many softwares to have what u want.
    (i'll talk about the softwares upon your request)

3)transitions problem
    ---------------------
    the problem with transitions never end.

yes u can convert a dvd movie from pal to ntsc but it's hard to convert a transition movie without problem (i mean by transitions movie the movie that you make by yourself..like an anniversary a wedding party.etc..where u use your creation and your transiitons u know??)

so for a cine movie it will work and the converting will be perfect cuz mostly the movie is "scenecut" where they use cut and no transitions

but for a movie that you made at home like a wedding party or an anniversay where you use your creation on a programes like ADOBE,PINNACLE STUDIO, etc with the transitions..it will be hard to convert with softwares cuz the transitions will shake after converting.

so till now i din't find a software that can have perfect quality for transitions.

why i need it??cuz i'm an editor and i love editing especially for my movies that i take with my handycam

why i need to convert and i have multisytem??cuz sometimes i do editing for my friends and they don't have the mulstisystem dvd player

4)HELP
    ------
    if someone know about a software that convert PAL to NTSC and have perfect quality for transitions so pls tell me about it..thank u

9. Krystovar

Krystovar Regular member

The Apex 1110W will play both PAL & NTSC. It's available at WalMart for less than $50!

10. saycheez

saycheez Member

We have 2 in the house that play both formats, one JVC XV-SA70 that plays everything and plays PAL quite well, and also a Lite-On set-top burner LVW-5001, which plays PAL but seems to be a bit more *picky*

11. Kronic420

Kronic420 Member

THANKS to everrbody!
    By the way i have 3 dvd players I have 3 tvs i tried all combinations. only one dvd player works with one tv but is playing pal in black and white mode (i check i didn't plug anythign wrong)dont ask me what tv and what dvd player i got i am too lazy to go look. Let me get back to the point so one dvd player work with that one tv but when i plug that dvd player into the other 2 it doesnt work doesnt even play in white and black. So does anybody know why the one dvd player works fine in black and white but the other tvs doesnt work at all like my other dvd players

12. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

Hi Kronic...i think it's the same for the tvs..there is system on tvs too...i'm not very sure about it but i heard it before that the tv like the dvd have system "pal" or "ntsc" or "secam"

if your dvd player is multisystem try to choose multisystem from the options maybe other 2 tvs will work