1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pal to ntsc

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Werez, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Werez

Werez Member

Ok heres a doozy i needa go from pal dvd to ntsc dvd, now i usually use dvdshrink but jus gimme some suggestions. thanks

2. beetleman

beetleman Member

Well, you realy don't have a lot of good options.
    The proplem as I understand it is the different frame rates. Becuase NTSC has a higher frame rate than PAL, transfering in this direction could create distorted video. Basically the video could drop several frames per second and may not have other sync problems as well.

I could be wrong, it may just be a mater of demuxing the VOBs reencoding the resulting video and audio files into NTSC format, muxing new VOBs and burning.

There should be enough information in the forum to help you through these steps.

If posible, burn your DVDs to an RW disc for testing to keep from wasting DVD-/+R's.
    Any time I try a new burn process I use the RWs first until I perfect the process then burn to DVD+R.
    Doing this will allow you to try several different burning process for just a couple of dollars instead of much more. But it does take time.

If you can use rewritable media, try to simply copy your DVD with whatever software you use making sure to select the NTSC output option. If you don't have an NTSC option, It won't work.

Hope this helps.
    beetleman

3. vuvan

vuvan Member

Hi,

Some info from these pages could help you:
    http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html#1.19
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/guides#4;41

I came across these pages when I sent my friend in France some DVDs (backed up DVDs which were made from originals produced in the U.S using DVDDecrypter/DVDShrink/Nero) and he could not watch them on his PAL/SECAM player/TVs. I have not used these softwares yet so the details would be left to you to find out. If you succeed in producing these DVDs (PAL to NTSC and vice versa) please let me know or share those details on this forum.

Thanks,
    vuvan

4. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

beetleman seems a very simple thing but I never thought of that before I will purchase a couple of dvd/rw's to avoid wasting dvd+r's in future thanxs for the idea ....on the fact of pal to ntsc n vice versa keep Me informed also
    thanxs
    DaOsT