1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pal to ntsc

Discussion in 'PS2' started by hatebreed, Dec 4, 2004.

1. hatebreed

hatebreed Guest

hey guys can someone help me in here...i back up a onimusha 1 and it is in PAL...and my ps2 is ntsc...how do i convert my back up game to ntsc?.. i saw nrks thread but the link in there is broken...and does dvd+rw works on ps2?...any help will be appreciated...tnx

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

there's a link in my sig to a pal to ntsc patch and most ps2's struggle to read rw media, but if you already have a rw disc give it a try you have nothing to loose as you can just rewrite somthing else to the disc

3. succubus

succubus Member

does pal to ntsc patch work well?

cuz my friend said it can make pal games work on ntsc consoles and tvs, but the screen would be shifted to the side, so the alignment would be off?

i dunno, thats what i heard >.<

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

you are correct, the perfect solution would ba a tv that supports the pal signal but the patch i linked to has a y fix so it reduces the screen shift problem

5. hatebreed

hatebreed Guest

hey bro tnx for the reply but the link you gave dont seem to be working...

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the site http://www.geocities.com/jayteemaster2003/ seems to be working at the moment as i have just been there but regularly exceeds it's allocated transfer allowance so you might have to try a few times to get your download

7. hatebreed

hatebreed Guest

hey tnx man i already downloaded it...but when i used it it giving me errors..i mean the prog having error...and i tried to change the y-fix offset to 40 and it went alright...whats the difference between 40 and 48?..and also with the pn selector?..what will happen if i check it??...tnx for helping bro..

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

it's not somthing i use myself as my tv supports both the pal and ntsc tv signals, with it only working at 40 it might be a little more off center than at 48 and i beleive the pn selector has somthing to do with you being able to select either pal or ntsc from a start up menu

9. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

That's right. 48 is as close as you can get. You'll never get the whole picture because the PAL signal uses more lines of resolution. The PN selector is exactly what devilhunt explained. Before the game loads up, you can select if you want to display in NTSC or PAL.

Check in the menu options for your game. Some games have a 60 hz (NTSC) option.

I wrote a guide on how to patch if you need it:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/121718

Also, since jayteemaster's site is unavailable, I renamed the file I have on my hard drive to a .jpg file and uploaded it to imageshack. It's a dependable host.

http://img88.exs.cx/img88/4898/ps2_pal2ntsc_yfix.jpg

Just save the file to your hard drive. Then, right click on it and select Open With-->Choose Program-->Winrar Archiver. Then click extract to and extract the files to your hard drive.

10. hatebreed

hatebreed Guest

hey i already made it working....and thanks for the help!!!....but theres a little problem... i just dont know why everytime theres a CG movie...the disc is hanging or freezing for a second...i dont know if its in the disc because i used dvd+rw...and i wrote it in 2.4x speed.... i just wonderin why was that.....thanks again!

11. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

Try burning to dvd-r media.

12. rnsSage

rnsSage Member

would a PAL game to NTSC allow a cheat devices NTSC Cheat codes work on it?

-Sage

13. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

Most of the time, posted ntsc codes wont work for PAL games. WHat I do is use Xploder to cheat on PAL games.