1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pal vs ntsc...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by emodro, Feb 16, 2005.

1. emodro

emodro Member

i know this may be a stupid question... but if i was to dl a pal version of a backup on a torrent and played it on my american (i assume ntsc) ps2... would that means that the game will be in black and white...and if so is there away to make it ntsc... thanks

2. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

If your using Swap Magic 3.3 you can boot it up in your favourite Video Mode, not sure if other versions have the video mode changer, some chips boot it up in your requested video mode. I'm not sure about patching, but some games should be able to patch the games.

Can Anyone Else Offer Their Help?

3. iLLNATiON

iLLNATiON Member

i convert games from pal 2 ntsc all the time takes about 4 seconds to do...i think i got the converter from ps2ownz. They got alot of very usefull ps2 tools there.

4. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

5. logarth

logarth Guest

Hey Mik3h..

Do you know if SM 3.3 includes a y fix for booting PAL games on an NTSC console/tv?

I'm having a heck of a time finding a patch or other method of playing UEFA Champs Lg 2004-2005 that I imported from the UK. The best I've come up with is getting the game to boot up in color, but it's way off center to the bottom of the screen.

I've tried the ps2_pal2ntsc_yfix patcher, but the game just doesn't boot after using it.

I've heard rumors that SM 3.3 will boot tha PAL games in color and with the scren centered but I want to try and verify it before I shell out the $$ for it.

I appreciate any and all help!

Thanks and Peace out...

6. nosmarbad

nosmarbad Member

Can anyone tell me how to convert a PAL movie dvd to NTSC?