1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pal Wii with Wii Key showing black screen.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by xknight, Nov 25, 2007.

1. xknight

xknight Member

I am having a problem with my PAL wii with a Wii key installed. The Wii key is currently running 1.9g and the Wii 3.1E and all is working fine, but sometimes there is a problem. I buring games on either Nero or ImgBurn at 2x on TYG02's, 90% of the games work ok but sometimes I get a game come up on the disk channel ok, even when I click the channel its ok but when I click start it just goes black, the disk stops spinning and the system hangs. I can eject the disk but reset wont work and the power button has to be press for the 5 seconds to fully shut down.

This only works on selected games and no matter what why I burn them there always the same.

Is this a Wii or Wii Key problem or would this be an image problem that im getting from my newsgroups?

Please can you help me on this one guys?

Many many thanks.

2. xknight

xknight Member

Would anyone have any ideas on this fault please?

Thanks

3. xknight

xknight Member

Ok just tested this again and now with sonic rings, the safty screen loads and then nothing, just a black screen and a crashed console. I have changed the Wiikey settings for region unlock to on and off and also the drive speed to both 3x and 6x but its always the same.

I want to make sure its not my Wii that is faulty or Wiikey but I dont think it would be as the Wii key just by-passes the protection that is missing from the back-upped disks.

Has anyone else seen this?

4. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

have u checked to see if the games are compatable with the wii ie are they same region as ur wii

also try different blanks

and yes they could be dodgy isos

5. xknight

xknight Member

I have a gut feeling that its the region code and that the Wii Key's region free isnt 100%, maybe there is something these games are doing for the NTSC consoles that the WiiKey cant trick it into thinking my PAL is NTSC.

Getting Rayman 2 PAL to check against the NTSC that went black.

Will post results when I get them.

6. xknight

xknight Member

I have just checked and the latest two games to have this problem are Sonic and the Magic Rings and as stated the new Rayman Rabbids 2 game. Sonic is PAL and Rayman NTSC so it isnt a region problem. I am getting a different image for the Rayman game to see if this fixes it as then I can rule out a Wii or WiiKey problem.

The disks im using are Taiyo Yuden TYG02 which I know are excelent, if not the best disks that you can get, and I havent had a single problem with them on the wii or ps2 before.

7. xknight

xknight Member

Ok I have been working on this over the past few days and descovered that the problem lyes with WiiKey's lacking of NTSC game support on a PAL system, it may be the other way also but im not sure. 50% of NTSC games will work, the other 50 will just boot slightly and then sit at a black screen, even with a patch on the ISO to change the region.

All sorted now, just stick to PAL and everything is fine :D.