1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAL Wii (with Wiikey) Not Loading Backup

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by avecmon, Aug 15, 2007.

1. avecmon

avecmon Member

I've seatched the forums, but nothing seems relevant to my case.

Hi. Just last friday my pre modded Wii arrived. It worked perfectly, playing all my backups. Every game worked uptil this afternoon. After coming back from shopping, the Wii cannot read any of my backups. I tried Wii Sports (an original copy) and it recognized the game perfectly. However, I've tried all my backups, and they all say "Disc Cannot Be Loaded" or "Read" (Forgot exactly what it said). Now this is different to the other read errors I have had once or twice before. If a game I tried failed to load, a black screen would straight away come up and say "disc read error- please reset console". I had done that, and then it worked. However it doesn't do this this time. Now I was hoping if you could somehow tell me a simple way to fix this, though I am dreading that somehow the chip has become faulty or something, which would mean I have to return it to the merchant for repairs. I really hope you can help.

Thanks =)

2. ninjapath

ninjapath Regular member

if you looked back at a couples of thread from here, or maybe a search, you will find that this problem do happen to few wiikey owner. Some worked for a couples of months and then have the same problem as you. One person from here said he unplugged the wii for a fews day and then it worked again. Or try to open the wii to see for any loose connection. Are you using bad media? possibly not the problem since you said all you r backups is not working.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  3. avecmon

avecmon Member

Upon writing my earlier message weeks ago (around 30 minuted afterwards) my Wii started playing backups again. However, it's been more than a week now and again it does not play backups at all! I even checked if it wasn't bad media as I recently bought Taiyo Yuden Dye Verbatim DVD-Rs and still no joy.