1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Blank Media

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by SPITTA, Aug 14, 2003.

1. SPITTA

SPITTA Guest

Hi everyone,
    You may like to know Panasonic have got a Sale On for August. Thaey are dong a 5 Pack DVD-R for £9.99 reduced from £19.99!!!. I've had £500 quids worth,Beware however if you order from the Website they really sting on delivery charge, better off finding a local Pana Dealer.

Regards

Andy

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Isn't £2 per disc pretty expensive?

3. SPITTA

SPITTA Guest

Hi Ken,

To be honest i am using the last of a batch of TDK's and they were £3.00 each plus VAT!!. I have learnt that if you buy really cheap media you will have a lot of places where you can put your glass down. If you buy expensive media then you tend not to use them. I hope i got a bargain.

4. zx2er

zx2er Guest

I have never had NE probs w/ cheap cd's or dvd-r's. I get the memorex 100 cd spindle from WalMart. Okay, so dvd's are more expensive, but WalMart dvd-r's are the same...no Probs. Cheap doesn't always mean bad. I've burned at speeds over what is rated on the cd and NEVER made a coaster. If you are having those problems, try slowing down you burning speed.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2003
  5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

SPITTA, you are paying too much for your media. Get Ritek G04's, they arent cheapies, for aorund £1.15 - £1.30 and you wont go back!

6. SPITTA

SPITTA Guest

Oriphus,

Will these work on a Pioneer AO4?.

By the way i am not knocking cheap media, i just feel that i have been caught out too often.

7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Ritek G03 (88p per disc) on Pioneer 104 f/w 1.31 2x4all are superb @ X2 burning using RecordNow Deluxe (you'll get errors on outer edge of disc @x2 burning using Nero Burning Rom)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2003
  8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah - Herbsman has the A04 and all his Ritek G03 burns are great. The errors on the outer edge in Nero shouldnt really affect most of the movie, but the newly converted Herbsman will tell you that Veritas Record Now Deluxe is very good ;-)

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/recordnowmax.htm