1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic CQ-VD7001U in-dash player

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by Achilles3, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Does anyone know how to disable the security code that blocks you from viewing DVD while driving with this unit? I know this is illegal but I know better than to watch while driving, it is for the passenger.

2. rcrockett

rcrockett Regular member

The easiest way to do this is just put your parking break down enough so it barely registers, at least enough to use the player but not to affect your driving.

I know a guy who has a switch installed that overrides the security feature on those DVD players. He got it installed with the DVD player for like 50 bucks extra. Maybe go into a car audio shop and inquire about it.

3. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Yeah I was gonna get one of those switches but I just took it to BestBuy and had them install it for me. At first the guy told me he had to do it legally, but he would show me the wire would go, and I would have to take it somewhere else to have it done. But somehow he changed his mind at the end and did it lol.

4. bigdady16

bigdady16 Member

Its very very easy.... Just ground out the yellow and blue wire that goes to the brake. You do not have to put it to the brake you can just put it to a ground and it will then play whenever you want!!