1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR-E20

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by sparky89, Mar 16, 2002.

1. sparky89

sparky89 Member

Need to know how to disable, or bypass the copy write chip on board. Cannot make backup copies of my purchased videos.

2. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

You need to, at least, remove the Macrovision from the source player. You can either get a Macrovision free firmware for the source player or use a separate Macrovision remover.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  3. mychucky

mychucky Member

4. VideoFil

VideoFil Member

5. mychucky

mychucky Member

Well I don't know how much prooff you need, but you are welcome to drop by my home in Jacksonville Florida and see my way work just fine. As I explained in my webpage I think that the best way is to render the player macro free as the E20 is REALY sensitive. The Vidio mixer does that so I AM proof. I had dozens of Filters pluss the Sima SCC and they could not cut it. The digital mixer lets you fade to VCR or DVD and adjust the sound level.

6. VideoFil

VideoFil Member

I don't doubt that your setup works but looks like the mixer is expensive.

7. mychucky

mychucky Member

I got the mixer on ebay for 300.00 about twice the cost of the filter. My point is if you are that serious about making backups you may as well do it right.

I sent my panasonic to england for reprograming wich remomve the CraproVision, and bought the Apex at a pawn shop for $70.00 and changed the Eprom somebody burnt for me for $23.00. So for $100.00 you can get a DVD player with no craproVision and you won't need a mixer. sending the unit to England was a little pricey for most. I did it because the Apex occasionaly paused too long for my taste between scene changes.