1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR-E75VS not playing discs recorded with computer's DVD burner

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by ToBe_Mick, Sep 24, 2009.

1. ToBe_Mick

ToBe_Mick Member

I have all of my home movies saved to computer hard drive and have been burning them all to DVD. This Panasonic DVD Recorder/VCR combo will not play the discs I burn with the DVD burner on my computer. The player tells me the discs are incompatible. They are the correct type (DVD-R) discs and I have used several different manufacturers discs. If I put a blank DVD-R disc in the player, it recognizes it, but if I burn a home movie or Photo Story to it with the computer, it will no longer recognize it. I have done the format upgrade. The player still works fine and plays rented or purchased DVDs. It also still plays older DVD-R's I recorded using this unit. The DVD-R's I recorded using the computer work fine on my other (cheaper) DVD player. Does anybody know of a solution for this? I know I can hook my camcorder up to this unit and burn DVDs using it, but I already went through the process of recording 25+ tapes onto my hard drive and would like to avoid doing that again. Thanks in advance.

2. ToBe_Mick

ToBe_Mick Member

I have managed to solve this problem so I thought I would post the solution. I don't know how, but the unit apparently now plays DVD+R discs. I burned a copy of a home movie onto a DVD+R using the computer DVD burner and it plays on the Panasonic DVD player. The book for this player clearly says it will not play DVD+R discs, but something has changed.