1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR e85 Digital to Analog Converter TV Guide

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by scustalow, Nov 28, 2009.

1. scustalow

scustalow Member

Will this work to restore the tv guide listings?

2. jhvance

jhvance Member

What did you mean by the reference to "this" in your question?

I've got a DMR-E85HS that recently had all 4 capacitors replaced for the 2nd time in 5 years (but it's still under a service contract so Panny covered most of the cost, though I did have to ship it to McAllen TX for the service this time). I still need to re-integrate it into my AV system, set it up and test it with the DTVPal converter box which is supposed to work with the IR blaster and integrate the TVGOS information that I had before the analog-digital switchover. I'm planning to do that in the next few weeks, so guess I'll find out.

3. PCH_Dude

PCH_Dude Member

TVGOS has nothing to do with D/A converters. Your cable provider should be able to do the fix regarding transmitting TV Listings using your existing analog tuner. I have a Panasonic DMR-EH55 and was able to get the full 8 days listing up until three months ago, then the whole TV guide thing disappeared but came back just last week because my cable company was working on the tweaks/upgrades for analog TVGOS transmission. All is well now and I am getting my full week of listings. Call your cable company or do a hard reset on your unit to refresh the system.

4. jhvance

jhvance Member

Cable isn't relevant to me (nor satellite, for that matter) -- I live in a rural area and receive only broadcast TV signals, so OTA is the only way the TVGOS information can be received by the DMR-E85 and that must now come through the D/A converter for it to work. Prior to the digital switchover's original date, I specifically asked the Panasonic tech folks which (if any) D/A converters would be compatible with this unit, and the DTVPal was the only one.

Still haven't had time to set this unit back up and try to integrate the DTVPal with it, but perhaps in the next week I'll be able to get to that chore.