1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR e85H --can't manually set the clock, and now can't timer program anything

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by JBII, Apr 4, 2005.

1. JBII

JBII Member

Hi, I'm a newbie that had had this machine for a few months. But I just found out that I can't manually set my clock because in the set up menu, those options are inexplicably "greyed out"

Why would Panasonic tell you how to manually set the clock, them "grey out" that option for the user.

I want to say that before I posted this, I did read another thread at this site about this matter, and I tried everything suggested, but got no where.

All I get now is a 12:00 blinking light on the display when I turn the unit off.

I cannot get this setting from "ungreying". Yet, a friend of mine has the same recorder and he is able to manually set his timer. His is not "greyed out"

Keep in mind that I do have the Dish network and not cable.

any help would be greatly appreciated,

JBII

Last edited: Apr 4, 2005
  2. jhojr5

jhojr5 Member

I have the very same problem with my recorder that you described "can't manually set the clock, and now can't timer program anything ". It is soooooooooooo frustrating. I have been dealing with this problem for months now. It would be really great if Pany was able to resolve this problem for customers like us.

-Joe

3. VideoBob

VideoBob Regular member

From http://www.dxcc.com/dmr-e85h.htm

To Reset a Panasonic DMR-85H/DMR-95H back to factory defaults (so you can change your clock, etc):

bob

p.s. If you get the green screen lock-up, like they mention on the above page you can download the firmware upgrade for the DMR-E95H from Japan:

DMR-E95H:
    http://panasonic.jp/support/dvd/download/e95h/step1.html

The one for the DMR-E85H is here:
    ftp://ftp.dxcc.com/PANA_DVD.zip

See the link at the beginning of this message for history and details.

4. RJWC

RJWC Member

I've experienced the exact same problem. I purchased the unit August 2004 and it worked unit a week ago. Have called Panasonic numerous times and each time they come up with a new reason guaranteeing me that it would work the next day but it didn't. Here's how I fixed it....last night.
    1) Do the firmware upgrade (see previous post)
    2) Do the system reset (the one Panasonic does not tell you about, see previous post)

I tried to download the guide last night but it failed. I did notice that my cable box SA4200 doesn't have the TV info either. So this morning, I connected the cable feed directly to the EMR-85H (by-passing the cable box) to see if will download. I will leave the unit off for 24 hours.