1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR-E85H dropping scheduled recordings

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by starrig, Feb 9, 2009.

1. starrig

starrig Member

Has anyone else had a problem with their Panasonic DMR-E85H dropping programs out of the scheduled list after recording, even when they're marked to Record Regularly?

Happened to me all last fall with specific programs:

Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles, and House

I had to go in each week and put them back. Everything else seemed immune to the problem. I was starting to suspect SkyNet of being the culprit, but thought I'd check with others first. :)

2. FurryFace

FurryFace Member

The problem has been reported many times. The E85 will fail to come out of standby to record a scheduled program because the TVGuide software is busy pulling in data and won't give control to the area that wakes the machine up from its coma state. There is absolutely no known fix, don't bother looking for one. There are two methods to work around the problem though:

1. Leave the machine on during the period of time you want to record a program and it has failed to record in the past. For example, if your failed to record program came on at midnight, just turn on the machine before you retire for the evening. The machine will turn off in 6 hours by default. My E85 will consistently not come out of standby between 11am and 6pm. If I have something scheduled to record during those hours, I just turn on the machine in the morning and then walk away for the day.

2. The other option is to disable the TVGuide system and record all programs manually.