1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR-E85H error U99

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by K2SMN, Jan 4, 2005.

1. jhvance

jhvance Member

For anyone still following this thread, be aware that the broadcast-based TVGOS signal supplied by Rovi Corp. (that was taken over from Macrovision and Gemstar earlier) is being discontinued throughout North America, beginning last month and to be completed by mid-April 2013. If you get TVGOS through a cable system, it might continue (I'm in broadcast OTA territory, so I'm SOL).

I've opened a new forum thread on this issue FYI at:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-109/tv_guide_on_screen_discontinuance-950871/

2. soju

soju Member

Checking to see if my account is still active....

3. starrig

starrig Member

Comcast discontinued it in my area last Spring. (Confirmed to me by a Comcast engineer.) I gave up and got a Comcast DVR, and now use the Panasonic as an archiving tool, dubbing from the DVR.

4. handyguy2

handyguy2 Member

Yes, but most TV programs come on the same time each week so you can use websites to see what is on & then just program your Panny.

I might sell my E500 if anyone is interested in it.

5. dksmall

dksmall Member

I lost guide data a few weeks ago, figured something like this had happened. Last summer I put together a PVR which does everything my E-85H did except burn DVD's. Guide come from the net, no muss no fuss. SSD hard drive and 2 tuners, works great. For some reason I can't unplug the Panny. :-(

6. jhvance

jhvance Member

Well, here's the response I got from Channel Master's tech support, FWIW:

Thank you for your email. That is a very good question. When the Rovi TV Guide goes out the CM-7000pal will still receive the guide and time information via something called PSIP. However it will be limited and won't be the best it will still give you what you need to run the CM-7000pal. Thank you and have a great day.

I posted a follow-up query specifically about the DTVpal converter and whether it would also use this PSIP function for the time referencing, since it's what feeds a digital signal to the DMR-E85H.