1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic dmre55 problems

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by netingit, Jan 12, 2005.

1. netingit

netingit Member

Hi guys,

just thought I would come on here and get your opinion,s

just brought myself a Panasonic recorder but for some reason it's not finalizing the DVDs which have been recorded.Neither is it even reading them, I have brought all different kinds of media to try and test which is the best, but out of all the different brands I brought about 2-3 brands worked out

Verbatim: can't read them and says no disc.

Ritek Printable: the same again no read

Ridisc RITEK G03 , it reads them and records on them but can't finalized just get error

Rivision x4: no read

Datawrite Printable x4: no read

Ridisc x4: no read

Datawrite red V3: reads them, records on them but again can't finalize

Ritek premium grade media: out of the 25 I brought only 2 worked, and one funny enough finalized, but the rest I got no read

why is this machine so picky?

is there a problem with it because after trying out verbatim and ritek, and getting the no read message something has to be wrong here?

2. davelarge

davelarge Guest

i take it they are all -r disks?
    If so then it is faulty.
    I have a DRME65 and it writes and reads to all makes of dvd-r that I have.

3. netingit

netingit Member

they were all dvd-r

and your right the machine was faulty, took it back to were i brought it from and they just kept saying i was doing something wrong and that i don't no how to use it. the guy took the piss by selling the machine right in front of me to some else, i just took my money and went else where, got a region free one for a bit cheaper and everything is wroking fine so no money wasted on disks.

thanks

4. davelarge

davelarge Guest

Good on you, If they mess you about stuff em!
    i got my 65 from RicherSounds in the UK at at least £165 cheaper than Curry's and the like.
    There just total ripoff merchants so let your feet do the walking and don't listen when their talking.