1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DVCamera Driver NV-DS50

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by News2me, Mar 8, 2005.

1. News2me

News2me Member

I have a [bold]Panasonic Digital Video NV-DS50[/bold]. It will connect using std USB. But the software only allows 30sec captures. I installed Pinnacle Studio 9. It requires IEEE 1394(firewire). So i ran out and got the cable. But WindowsXP doesn't recognise the device. I have hunted high and low for a driver. Anyone got a solution. H E L P.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

There is no driver needed for Firewire. It is plug and play under XP. Connect your camera and switch it to VCR mode and your camera should automatically show up.
    http://www.digitalvideoclub.com

3. News2me

News2me Member

Yep. I realise that. But in the system system settings
    it comes up as an unknown device. It also says on the taskbar that the device has malfunctioned. But the camera is like knew. This is also the first time I have tried firewire with it.

4. News2me

News2me Member

It maybe a faulty port on the video camera. I took it back to where I bought it from. We tried to do a camera to camera link. Nothing happened. I need to take it to a service centre a get it tested.

So for all those people in Forums having trouble with this model. It's NOT YOU. BTW panasonic website is the most useless website for updates and info.