1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic HDMI connection

Discussion in 'PS3' started by bkbyrne, Jul 6, 2011.

1. bkbyrne

bkbyrne Member

Morning All,

I purchased a 50 inch HD ready Panasonic Plasma last week and was really looking forward to hooking it up to my Ps3, but haven't been able to make it happen as of yet!

I've read loads of posts and googled, so I'm not being lazy, just hoping somebody can give me some insight as to what is going wrong.

Firstly, My sky box connects to the Panasonic through HDMI and HDTV looks great. Secondly my ps3 connects to a screen I have upstairs via HDMI (although I use a DVI adapter to connect), it picks up HDMI straight away and give great 1080p picture.

I've tried three different HDMI cable on the panasonic thay all work with SKY. I have now connected via component. When I plug in HDMI, the ps3 tells me it has identified a HDMI connection, do I want to connect. So I say yes, the screen flickers a few different colours but eventualy goes black. I then need to reset the unit to get back to component.

So i can't work out whether the tv or ps3 is at fault and it's not the end of the world, I can use component, but HDMI seesms to be a lot crisper from what I can see on my smaller unit upstairs.

Any hekp really appreciated.

Thanks,

Barry

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

You know HD Ready means you only get up to 720p on that screen?

3. bkbyrne

bkbyrne Member

4. bkbyrne

bkbyrne Member

yeah I know, but that doesn't mean HDMI shouldn't work....does it?

my understanding is most games play at 720p and only bluray discs play at 1080p?

any idea why my ps3 won't connect?

thanks

5. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

It depends on the signal the PS3 gives out. If it transfers a 1080p signal you won't get anyting on your HD Ready screen, no matter what signal the games give.