1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic won't play it

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by bobhilt, May 9, 2007.

1. bobhilt

bobhilt Member

I burned on my computer a dvd, played it back on the computer. Perfect. However, reading the "fine print" on my Panasonic s52s model bought last July (which I thought was going to play back this computer burned disc) it says it won't play back PC burned discs. Great! The question is WHAT player will? I've tried searching the net trying to find which player will play back computer burned cds but I've had no luck so far. Can someone please tell me what brand, model dvd player you use to play back your burned computer cds? Thanks!

2. colw

colw Active member

Virtually all DVDs players will play back burned (burnt) media - unless you are are using poor quality disks.

I have 4 DVD players including LG, Omni, Citex and Palsonic - all play both original and burned media without any problems.

I have never heard of of dvd player that will not play burned media - have you actually tried burned media in your DVD player??

3. bobhilt

bobhilt Member

Yes, I tried playing it and it won't register. Just started to write what the instruction booklet says for this Panasonic model and someone I work for who is more familiar with this than me just looked at the booklet and she confirmed that it won't play in this fairly late release Panasonic. Plus she told me that was the problem she had since her family had a Panasonic also and she went out and got a Phillips and it plays everything. She is going to get me the model number of the Phillips so hopefully I can order the same one. She also said she has a Sony that's about 4 years old in the bedroom which also plays computer burned cds. Wouldn't you know I'd buy a Panasonic model which won't and the ads for it says it will play JUST about "anything you can throw at it." That is until you actually open up the instruction booklet and find out what it can't play! Ha! Also, this woman at work said she is going to give me a great link that lists just about every dvd player and a very complete description of what it can and CANNOT do. Once I get this info from her, I'll post it in case others run into this same problem. Thanks for the input. Bob