1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic's Customer Support is the PITS!

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by MTT1960, Oct 9, 2004.

1. MTT1960

MTT1960 Member

They first told me that they would get back to me within two days. I noticed that my DMR-E85H Recorder always adds 1 minute to any timer recording. This is a firmware screwup and should be corrected.

Panasonic still has not called me back with an answer...in fact I have been calling them for the past two weeks and they just doing everything they can to avoid talking to me. Today I tried calling LISA at 800 211-PANA X2552 and left a message...and she never even called me back!

If anyone is considering this recorder think twice about Panasonic's poor customer service! I have bought Panasonic products for the past 35+ years and never experienced such poor service.

It would be nice if they would just admit to this "mistake" and issue a firmware upgrade on their website.

If I set the recorder to record for 1 minute it should record for 1 minute and not two! Check out there VCR's and other DVD Recorders and I am sure they work fine.

Michael
    mtrager1@optonline.net
    631 344-8586

Last edited: Oct 9, 2004
  2. MTT1960

MTT1960 Member

I am still waiting for a replay from Panasonic concerning my DMR-E85H recorder. I can't believe that no one else has noticed that it adds 1 minute to all timed recordings including the TV Guide Onscreen ones. This forces the recorder to bump the recording from the DVD-RAM (or DVD-r) to the Hard Drive and is annoying when doing 1 hr XP or 2 hr SP recordings.

Check out your recorders and ask them what's up??? I wonder if any of their other new models also do this???

Panasonic needs to fix this with a firmware update.
    I will keep on returning the unit for a replacement until they do so.

Michael

Last edited: Oct 17, 2004