1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pandora back to normal state ?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by owning, Oct 26, 2007.

1. owning

owning Member

hello,
    I just bought a PSP Slim yesterday and an extra FAT Battery with it, in order to get custom firmware on my Slim. As am planning to give this battery to my friend to use it for his FAT PSP, i wanted to know, once i create the Pandora battery out of the new FAT one, how do i restore this battery to normal state, so that it can be used in his FAT PSP later.
    I saw in some guide how to bring it to normal, but it says if you do it with slim it may cause some serial number issues
    Can you please help me out so as to how to get the normal state back, or whether it can be done or not.

Your help will be much appreciated !

Thanks

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

on your friend's psp (assuming has custom firmware already), before you create pandora's battery, tell him to backup the EEPROM. that contains the original serial number for the battery.

once the EEPROM is saved, you can convert it to pandora's battery, use it on your psp slim, and convert it back.

to convert it back, your friend has to run the pandora battery creator on the psp. once on menu shows up, there's an option to flash back the EEPROM, it's l+r trigger. once that is done, the battery is back to normal.

3. owning

owning Member

Thanks for the reply, but just wanted to know is there any option for backing up the EPROM which you are talking about, i will be trying it tonite, so just wanted to the get information before hand. How do i back up the EPROM then .. ?

4. elemba

elemba Member

i have made the backup of EEPROM.

I tryied to flash the psp but nothing happend and i formate the mc.
    If this means that I have lost the EEPROM backup is there any other way to normalize the battery?

5. luke671

luke671 Regular member

Yeah you will lose the eeprom, but normalizing the battery has one option. that is said before by cee43ja1

6. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

you can use a generic eeprom in the battery creator; it's one of the options. but there's a chance of side effects because the original eeprom is not on the battery.

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  7. bunny2209

bunny2209 Member

Now how do I convert the Pandora Battery into normal one?
    1) Convert your battery into a jigkick one using "Pandora's Battery Creator", but before you press X, press TRIANGLE to backup your battery's EEPROM to ms0:/eeprom.bin
    2) Unbrick your PSP as normal
    3) When you are done unbricking, take out the battery and the magic memory stick. Start up the PSP using the AC adaptor (do not try to use a USB charger, it will not start up)
    4) Insert the magic memory stick and the magic battery
    5) Run "Pandora's Battery Creator" again
    6) Press L+R to restore the ms0:/eeprom.bin to your battery - you may get an "0x14 write error" when doing this, it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Or u can try this also...

start ur psp without batt ( plug in adapter)

when ur psp starts... put batt into ur psp (while its in running mode)

there is no need of backup of batt serial number
    restore to normal by using pandora battery tool