1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pandora battery does it really work?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by websniff, Oct 10, 2007.

1. websniff

websniff Member

pls i have a Big problem and i guess only you can solve this passionately with some of your time, thats why i came to send you this PM.
    I made a Pandora battery + magic memory stick with my custom firmware psp(3.52 m33--4) and followed all the right process, using the pandora creator and all the ms-dos command prompts for the ms.....i did the right things you know formating logically and all but after i was thru successfully (i thought), and placed the battery in my 2nd psp, it came on automatically and on placing the ms, it did nothing....the WLAN lights didnt flash as said in the tutorial and didnt show a menu for me to downgarde psp....pls help and where did i do wrong because i did everything carefully step by step.

And right now i placed ma pandora battery in my custom firmware psp to take it back to a normal one since i cudnt downgrade my 2nd psp but it aint working because on putting this battery it puts on this psp automatically and doesnt show ma XMB...so pls sicdude is there any wya you can help?
    or is it the ms that has a problem?
    i dont even think so because if it is, why is that on placing am pandora battery back into the customfirmware psp, it doesnt show ma XMB so i can atleats go and run cretaor to take it back to a normal one?
    what can i do..am messed up because the battery is now useless

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

put the memory stick in first, and then the battery.

to return the battery to normal, start the cfw psp with the charger only. once it's in the xmb, place the battery back in, and run the battery creator. once started, reflash the eeprom, which you should've backed up.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Press the Brightness button as well if the menu doesn't come up when trying to downgrade your other PSP.

4. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

lol..your post was a little hard to understand.

Anyway, the reason why when you put the pandora's battery into the PSP the unit doesn't turn on is because that the pandora's battery has reprogrammed EEPROM which prevents it from booting up a PSP unit normally. A pandora's battery CAN boot a PSP, but only into the pandora's unbricking/downgrade menu (with the 'magic' memory stick), otherwise, the power light will turn on, but the PSP screen will remain black.

Search the forums for a backup EEPROM from someone else's battery (if u didn't back yours up using the pandora's battery creator) and then place it in the right place in your MS, and from within the pandora's battery creator menu, select whatever rewrites the correct EEPROM. IT should now function like a normal battery :)

5. websniff

websniff Member

hey rax thanks, but the black screen am talking about, is concerning the psp i want to downgrade, whenever i put my pandora battery in, it puts on the psp automatically but the memory card and wlan light dont blink, neiher does any menu appear, pls what can i do????