1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pandora Downgrade vs Traditional Downgrade

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by assadi84, Aug 27, 2007.

1. assadi84

assadi84 Regular member

I am wonder if i have a psp, which i am able to downgrade it normally using the lumines UMD, should i downgrade it that way or use the pandora downgrade, whats would be the differences and the downsize of both of these downgraders..

Thanks in advance

2. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Lumines - Quite easy, full 1.50 firmware installed, safe (about 98% success).

Pandora - Hard (If you have to make it yourself with someone else's PSP), only a subset of 1.50, have to install the normal 1.50 over the top if you want to install any other firmware but M33, 100% safe.

Think about it this way, if you brick it with the Lumines method, then you can do the Pandora method, it's a win/win situation.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  3. Link3737

Link3737 Member

Well, if you brick with lumines method, you're actually screwed becaue You need a functioning cfw to create a pandoras battery. You don't have cfw or 1.5 yet so thats not even an option. Just do it with lumines method

4. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

He can do the Pandora method, it's called buying one. Or getting a mate to do it...

5. assadi84

assadi84 Regular member

I have the Pandora battery and the memstick, im just wonder if a friend asked me to downgrade his, should i use the lumines or the pandora battery, and i tried both ways, and with the pandora, i couldnt re-install the 1.50 FW, cuz it is already on that FW, so i just updated to CFW and worked fine..