1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pandora's Battery - Backed Up Battery EEPROM then formatted card, DOH!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by phill2000, Oct 9, 2007.

1. phill2000

phill2000 Guest

As the title says, I made a Pandora's Battery / JigKick and backed up the pattery's EEPROM onto card as the utility says, then after when I flashed a PSP I formatted the card.

I went into Pandoras menu and told it to change the battery to a normal one (where it writes a false value to the battery) but still having probs.

Since then the carging on th ebattery is taking forever, and sometimes PSP crashes. Never used to.

Any one suggest where I can get a backup of a PSP battery EEPROM from?. ;o)

All help appreciated

2. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

lol I've never heard of backups of EEPROMS. Probably rare, since wouldn't each battery be unique? Anyway, I recommend @ this point u keep it as a permanent pandora's battery.

3. acidy

acidy Regular member

@ phill2000
    Dude :p
    You should've pressed the L+R buttons in which they put back your back-uped eeprom on your battery (I did that and my PSP has NO problesm at ALL) and not the "square" button in which they create a FAKE eeprom o_O
    The problem you are facing is wot mostly happens if you write false eeprom values on your battery :p

Well, neways, as Rav3 said, use it as a permanent pandora battery and start some business of downgrading or something :p
    It helps ;)

Buy a new battery to make your PSP properly work again :D
    It worked in many other PSPs :)

4. SMARTYP

SMARTYP Regular member

i had the same problem but i just used another battery's eeprom and it works fine

if u want my eeprom then here you go

http://mihd.net/bm7ix6

-|SMARTYP|-

5. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

If u use someone elses' battery's EEPROM then won't it be a false EEPROM? Since it belongs to another battery? Or does that issue only arise when u try to generate an EEPROM using the program?

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I will admit I accidentally flashed my Battery EEPROM on my girlfriends Battery and her battery works just fine still.

So try using another battery EEPROM backup. I am not saying its gonna work 100% for all but my girlfriends Battery hasn't been effected as of yet.

or

Go HERE and create the Pandora's Ultimate Magic Stick and use your Pandora Battery as both a Pandora battery and normal 1.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  7. phill2000

phill2000 Guest

?!?!?.....

Never heard of backing up an EEPROM?....

Sorry must be a technical term i picked up studying microelectronics?!

Found I backed up my memory card that contained the EEPROM dump file, so just put it back on the battery. Working perfecto now.

Cheers for those who offered dumps of their batt's ;o)

8. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

lol I must've come across it @ some stage, but never payed much attention to it as most of my use for the pandora's battery was for unbricking and downgrading, and I have not reverted my battery back to normal as it is intended as a permanent universal unbricker v3.

Anyway, it seems I have but forgot about it cuz I found my backup from a few months back :D