1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pandora's Battery Compatability

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by algtz1, Oct 1, 2007.

1. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

Hello, I am planning on making a pandora battery using my fat psp cfw 3.04-oe. I went to e games and bought an intec 3.6v, 2200mAh battery pack. My question is will this battery that I just bought be compatible to make a pandora battery?

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

the best battery to use is the original sony that came with your psp. it's guaranteed to work. not all third party batteries can be written. use the intec battery as the normal battery because it has a higher charge capacity.

3. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

Got it. That makes a whole lot of sense. I'll charge up the new intec and use it as my normal battery. And use the original Sony for the Pandora battery. Thanks for the advise.

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

remember to backup the eeprom before you flash. you can restore the battery back to normal, if needed.

5. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

Thanks for the suggestion cee43ja1 but I want to keep the battery and MS converted in case I need to downgrade/unbrick any of my friends PSP and with the holidays coming my boy has been bugging me to get him a PSP instead of a DS so I want to make sure that I can downgrade his new PSP. Which leads me to my second question. Will this pandora battery work on downgrading a slim PSP or are we still waiting for the Slim version of a pandora battery?

6. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

there is a universal unbricker that works for both original and slim. but it's a direct upgrade to 3.71 m33. you can still use the same battery, but will need to recreate the memory stick. i'd suggest on getting a separate stick so you can downgrade all fat psp's to 1.50 and upgrade all slim psp's to 3.71 m33.

7. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

Sweet! I went into Walmart and Bestbuy yesterday. It looks like anything less than a 1 Gig MSPD is getting harder and harder to find. And please don't anybody suggest going to E-bay. I have not and will never buy anything from that place. So my quest for finding (2) 256 or 512s goes on.

8. guano

guano Regular member

None of the games stores have any used ones?