1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pandora's Battery psp slim 3.73 questions

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by sendsend, Jan 13, 2008.

1. sendsend

sendsend Member

Hi im trying to help my friend and install a custom firmware on his "psp slim 3.73 OFW" ive looked at serveral guides on how to do this and and there seems to be alot of different methods, so i need some clarification on some questions before i go ahead and do it.

what i have
    phat psp
    running 3.71 m33-4 cfw
    2g memory stick (genuwine)
    original phat psp "3.6v 1800mAH" (once its a pandoras battery ima gonna leave it as pandora and get a new one)

Questions
    1.Can PSP Slim 3.73 OFW be pandorise (downgrade to custom firmware)
    2.is the 2g memory stick pro duo ok? ive heard 256mg - 1g is best
    3.Battery - do i need to open it up or anything? since i an original genuwine phat sony battery.
    4.Should i make the battery into a "universal Unbricker)? is that just for bricked psp or for also downgrading psp fat/slim 3.51+ OFW?
    5.does it upgrade straight away to 3.71 m33 (cus psp slim dont have 1.50 fw) cus if it downgrade to 1.50 the psp slim would get bricked
    6.can the psp slim with custom firmware install the 1.50 kernal, to run emulators hombrews.
    7.last question, should i follow the guide at the sticky at the top cus ive seen alot of different guide, has that guide worked for anyone
    "GUIDE: Universal Unbricker V3 Using FAT 1.50 or FAT/SLIM custom firmware PSP"
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610312

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  2. PlowKing

PlowKing Guest

1.Yes, PSP Slim can either have 3.60 m33 or 3.71 m33
    2.It should work with a 2gig stick, worked with mine
    3.No, since you have a original 3.6v 1800mvh battery you can softmod it to pandora using you`r psp
    4.You should make the memory stick into universal unbricker v3, the pandora battery is just.. pandora.. no version. With a pandora battery and a magic memory stick (with universal unbricker v3) you can upgrade to cfw and recover brick (slims lowest firmware is 3.60)
    5.Yes, it upgrades to 3.71 m33-2 to be exact. And with universal unbricker v3 you have no option to downgrade to 1.50 anyway, only to 3.71 m33-2 or 3.71 OFW
    6.No, the slim can not have the 1.50 kernal, but pretty much all new homebrew apps supports slim.
    7.Yes, it has worked for many.. maany people.. I havent tried it myself but since it`s posted by larrylj it is pretty sure it will work

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2008
  3. sendsend

sendsend Member

thanks for the help man

4. PlowKing

PlowKing Guest

no problem

5. fresh48

fresh48 Guest

6. nylhunter

nylhunter Member

hi every body.
    i have a psp ofw 3.73 and i want to downgrade using a pandora's battery.
    am getting confused.they tell me to creat a GAME150 folder,and paste there (battery and installer) programs.when i go back to my psp i do not find them in the game folder.can someone help please!!! am confused.

7. Yawnzzz

Yawnzzz Guest

You need to be on CFW in order to see the programs.

What I would recommend is to find someone with a cfw to help me your battery and use easy installer for the MMS.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2008
  8. nylhunter

nylhunter Member

thanx but how can i use that easy installer.
    please help

9. nylhunter

nylhunter Member

GUYS am downgrading my psp using a pandora and they are telling me to past (Installer) folder into the game folder and when i go to my psp i find that data corrupted,but when i past there (battery) folder,my psp recogonises it.please can some one help me?my psp is ofw3.73

10. nylhunter

nylhunter Member

guys can someone help please,even i cant refomat my psp using MSPFOMAT.
    please help.am using a laptop with vista.help

11. nylhunter

nylhunter Member

ok i have discovered something. you must use windows XP not VISTA
    to creat a DOS startup system.