1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pansat 3500 broke? signal at 0% overnight, worked for year prior fine

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by golo79, Dec 9, 2007.

1. golo79

golo79 Member

Hey guys,

I have a 3500sd... has been working fine for past year then all of a sudden the signal is at 0% for some reason.. i checked the cable.. checked the dish.. everything is intact... so i took the box to my friends house who has the same box and dish setup.. and same problem.. cant get any quality (signal) at all.. did something die on my box? this makes no sense =( i flashed factory bin.. still no signal.. reflashed b-80bin again then latest bin... still 0%... seems like something is wrong with the box.. any advice or help anyone? thanks!

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The box may have died but did you go into the antenna settings and reset all the proper settings for each sat such as switch port, LBN type and proper sat selection?? All that has to match your dish setup or you get no signal.

Jerry

3. golo79

golo79 Member

thanks for the repsonse.. after further searching on the web and after opening my box and verifying what i found... two capacitors have blown.. c-13 and c-14.. it is a fairly common i believe since i have found detailed guides with pics on how to fix it.. will prob cost me about 2 bucks and 30 minutes to fix... not bad at all considering i thought i would have to buy a whole new box =)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Yea, I knew there had been some caps blowing. I just didn't know how much you could handle. Glad you found the problem.

Jerry

5. bigdtruck

bigdtruck Guest

I have a 3500sd but man everyday I am getting ECM'D, what is happening bin's are not lasting a day. I'm running a vu and by the time you load it, its sunk.

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Unfortunately everyone is having the same problem. I read that the coders are getting fed up with the constant changes and may write a super bin to finish all these problems. I don't know how much more it will take before they do that.

Jerry