1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parameter Error with Six Feet Under S1 D3

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by B_in_Wpg, Jan 5, 2005.

1. B_in_Wpg

B_in_Wpg Member

I have successfully backed up S1 D1, 2, and 4 but when I attempt D3 I am able to successfully copy it with DVD Decrypter without errors in ISO R mode. However, when I use DVD Shrink 3.2 I receive a parameter error everytime I attempt to shrink the image file. I even thought the disc I was backing up may have been damaged and rented a copy of S1D3 and received the same error and always at 60% complete.

Trying another program (DVD2One) which I heard about in this forum, I once again received an error at 60%.

This problem seems to be specific to this DVD only as I have been able to backup other DVDs after this problem occurred with this one specific DVD.

Also, I should note that DVD Shrink will not perform the quick analyse prior to starting the encoding. Is this significant to my problem? I did perform the manual analyse prior to one of my compression attempts and it took approx. 90 minutes to complete and then an other additional 90 mins to encode and still ending up with the same error.

Should further note, that I have noticed a fix for a parameter error in other posts is to change the settings in the unreferenced material area prior to encoding with DVD Shrink. I would love to try this fix with Six Feet Under S1 D3 but, there is no unreferenced material area.

Any ideas on how to overcome this problem or just plain assist me on how to get these files (which I still have on my hard drive) on to a 4.7 gig DVD -R would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I am running a Sony Vaio with 512 megs of RAM with Windows XP Pro.

Thanks in advance,

B in Wpg

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  2. marilyn6

marilyn6 Member

i hope this program will help, i had a recent problem with a dvd, then i got VOB blanker and read the guide to it and used it, and i screwed up the first time, but the second time it worked excellent, try that and if it doesnt work, sorry, but it might do the trick
    this website has it
    http://www.posunplugged.com/jsoto/

3. B_in_Wpg

B_in_Wpg Member

Thanks Marilyn6 I will give it a try tonight and get back to you with the results.

B

4. B_in_Wpg

B_in_Wpg Member

It worked!!

Thanks for the help Marilyn!