1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

paranoid about live bannings

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Biggie420, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Biggie420

Biggie420 Guest

I didn't want to get my 360 modded because I thought they could ban u from xbox live. So all my buddies modded theirs and when they all kept telling me they were going on live all the time with no trouble updating so I jumped on the bandwagon and modded mine as well. As far as I'm concerned a 360 without live is useless. What I want to know is 1.How do u get banned? 2.Has anybody been banned recently and why? 3.How can I avoid being banned? 4.If I play a game without a proper patch (say the version of Crackdown that is on the net now) will they ban me? PS. some people are worried about going on Live with games that get leaked early and havent been officially released yet. I have done this on more than 3 occasions and have been fine all the time, so dont worry.

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

As far as I know, no one has been banned as of yet, the pfi, dmi and ss files are very important when backing up games, they provide the disk with stealth, which really means that, because the security check files are there, the system thinks they are 100% original, this is why you dont get banned, coz the system cant tell its a backup disk. You normally get banned if MS find that your loading copies on your system, which can possibly happen if you dont patch the game with the pfi, dmi and ss files. All three are important. I wouldnt recommend going on live with a game that doesnt have all 3 files patched to the disk.

3. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

It appears that no one has been banned yet but I wouldn't be too confident that it wont happen in the future. All they need to do is set up a system that checks the firware of the dvd drive when you log on to xbox live. Much like some routers will automatically check for a new firmware. If the firmware isn't identical, ban(sh1t) happens

[​IMG]