1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paranoid Parents

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Zeliot, May 3, 2007.

1. Zeliot

Zeliot Member

Hi, my friend has a problem with paranoid parents. He wants to put explicit music on his ipod (btw it's an ipod nano) but he can't have them see it. is there anyway to hide music on it. and he cannot lock it. they will ask for the password and if he doesnt give it he is grounded. thnx much.

2. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

There is no way to hide the music unless you lock the iPod.

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

part of bein' a kid is playin' by the parents' rules. if you want to get around it, you need to be creative, and that's all the corruption i will lead to. ^.~

4. djkrugger

djkrugger Member

Editing the Id3 so the song name is empty will cause the ipod to show the songs as a blank space! you can always leave the iterpreter as a guide or just change the names!
    Now the sermon part: their parents do it for a good reason, they care about him and that is much to say nowadays i'ts ok to listen to whathever music you like but talking like a "gangsta" won't make you any cooler, don't let music producers and hollywood businessmen tellyou what you have to be, to be "cool", discover it by yourself, make your own style, and let the dumbs follow the flock .

5. andersg

andersg Regular member

You could just try writing "(clean version)" or something like that at the end of songs that are explicit. And also instead of writing the actual word if there are curse words in the name just put start too.

Just a thought.

6. Zeliot

Zeliot Member

Thanks for the replies guys I will try some of these things. and btw @djkrugger about the sermon his parents are too paranoid he's in 8th grade and is 14. they don't let him listen to anything other than classical music :O so he does need a little freedom :D

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I took care of the nosy parent problem when I was young. I'd go into my parents' bedroom one or two nights a week and stand by their bed holding a big knife and a dead cat and stare at them till they noticed me. After a few weeks they pretty much avoided me and what I was doing.

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  8. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

You did that to?!

9. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

LOL Nice one Neph. Have they spoken to you since? LOL